Look up - Condition Not met - Options

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreelalpp
Participant

Look up - Condition Not met - Options

Post by sreelalpp »

Hi

Setting 'Continue' option for 'Condition Not met' clause is equivalent to setting no conditions. Correct ?

Or is there any use of this combination ?

thanks,
Sree
lal
rajeevm
Participant

Post by rajeevm »

Hi

If the lookup does not match then giving the condition as 'Continue' you wont' miss any rows. Atleast on the target side you can have those rows which do not have lookup condition matched

Thanks
rajeev
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Look up - Condition Not met - Options

Post by ray.wurlod »

sreelalpp wrote:Setting 'Continue' option for 'Condition Not met' clause is equivalent to setting no conditions. Correct ?
No.
The default is Fail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreelalpp
Participant

Post by sreelalpp »

Thanks for your reply Ray & Rajeev

Ray,

Yes. default is 'Fail'. But without giving any condition is there a meaning for this default value ?

Also is it not same as giving a condition and setting the 'Condition Not met' option to 'Continue' ?

Thanks,
Sreelal
lal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can't not give a condition.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raghu22
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raghu22 »

As far my understanding, lookup will check the source data with lookup data and returns value to target... when you give a condition in the lookup, it will only check the source data which statisfies that condition and returns the lookup value and which doesnt satisfy that condition, it directly pass the source value to the target... if dont provide the condition, it checks all the source data with lookup data... This is the difference... So condion not met=Continue is not the same as without any condition....

Correct me if i'm wrong...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're wrong.

There's always a condition.

The default is Fail.