ORCHESTRATE Exception

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swamiar
Participant

ORCHESTRATE Exception

Post by swamiar »

Hi,

I get the following error when i run the jobs in datastage.

"main_program: Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in main program: APT_Archive::BadData: From: Loading memory archive."

All these jobs were running fine till recently. what could be the possible reason for this? I have also observed that only jobs that use the DB2 API stage have this problem.

Regards,
Aravind.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the change that taken place in your DB2 server recently?
Is there any user id group change?
Is your code running in different server now?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In short, what has changed? "Nothing" is not the correct answer. The change may have been wrought outside of DataStage. Do you have any information about what kind of exception was caught?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bandish
Participant

ORCHESTRATE exception: BadData: From: Loading memory archive

Post by bandish »

Hi,

I am also getting the same error as in this post. The error is :

Code: Select all

main_program: Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in main program: APT_Archive::BadData: From: Loading memory archive.
We had got a patch installed in our ETL server for reading Timestamp fields of Oracle (Datatype: TIMESTAMP(6)). But now the patch is removed and we are getting the following error.

But there are few jobs which are running successfully and have Timestamp fields.

So, still not clear if the jobs are aborting due to the Timestamp patch being uninstalled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bandish
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No-one's yet reported what changed.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bandish
Participant

Post by bandish »

In my previous reply, I mentioned the following:

Code: Select all

We had got a patch installed in our ETL server for reading Timestamp fields of Oracle (Datatype: TIMESTAMP(6)). But now the patch is removed and we are getting the following error:
[b]main_program: Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in main program: APT_Archive::BadData: From: Loading memory archive.[/b]
I guess, it is due to the patch being uninstalled.

But there are few jobs which ran successfully, even if they have Timestamp fields.

Thanks
Bandish
neyak4u
Participant

Post by neyak4u »

I am having a similar kind of issue. The parallel jobs which were running still yesterday are not running today. No issues with my server jobs.

All i am doing is read a .csv file and write in to a .csv ( No Transformation) . Even this simple doesn't run.

##F TFPM 000279 11:36:14(000) <node_node0> Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in parallel process: APT_Archive::BadData: From: File archive loading from: /tmp/APTps9913922a5cd96f.

##F TFPM 000303 11:36:14(000) <node_node0> Fatal Error: broadcastStepIR: score load from /tmp/APTps9913922a5cd96f on node node0 failed; exit status 256

##E TFPM 000330 11:36:14(005) <main_program> The Section Leader on node node0 has terminated unexpectedly.

##E TFSR 000011 11:38:34(000) <main_program> Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Not sure what kind of configuration issue or server issue. can some one please tell me is their anything i need to check.
Karthikeyan J
Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Your issue is neither similar nor related to the one on this thread. Therefore you need to post a new thread with your question.
But, first, Search the forum - you will find that this message has been seen before, and questioned and answered here.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

We are using DataStage V 8.0 and received the following error when we tried to run the job main_program: Fatal Error: Table `AGG_TENDER_TILL_MB' must exist before querying the node group.
But the table exists and we could able to insert manually by using the same user. So it was clear that there were no issues with access. A case has been raised with IBM and patch was installed. After installation of the patch, we are receiving the below error across all the projects which were running fine prior to patch installation. Please see the below error for the same.

Fatal Error: Caught ORCHESTRATE exception in parallel process: APT_Archive::BadData: From: Loading memory archive."

Could you please let us know what can be done to resolve the issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Uninstall the patch. Report the problem back to IBM.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers