Oracle Enterprise Stage Reject Handling not working properly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise Stage Reject Handling not working properly

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi,
I am using a reject link attached to Oracle Enterprise stage . But facing following issues :

1. It is rejecting records only for ORA-1400 (Inserting null into not null value )
2.If source data has column value more than specified in database i.e ORA-Value too long for column ,job is getting aborted instead of rejecting that record to reject link .
3. As Reject link meatdata is non editable ,i am unable to handle null values for timestamp and decimal fields ,Its giving 1 warning for each field in reject metadata .I tried using modify stage also , but facing issue with decimal and data null handling .

Does Oracle Enterprise Stage reject records for only -1400 and not for other oracle errors ,please suggest how to handle null values for non editable metadata of reject file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It tends to work properly when Array Size is set to 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

ray.wurlod wrote:It tends to work properly when Array Size is set to 1. ...

Hi Ray,
I am using Oracle Enterprise satge with Upsert mode . Not sure what will be impact of setting array size as 1 ,still i changed it but ,its still not working , I was under impression taht For any of the oracle errors job should reject the record into Oracle Enterprise reject link ,but that's not happening .

Please suggest .