shared metadata...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

shared metadata...

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

In 8.x we have common repository to store all metadata from all client components in suite...

Q.If i import a table def its meta data in datastage, it is stored in common repository..Is that visible in Information analyzer or any other client component with out making it shared(as repository is common or do we have to make is shared)?

Q.When i made one table in one schema as shared its having red open book icon instead of white book icon what does it mean?

Thanks all...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: shared metadata...

Post by ray.wurlod »

allavivek wrote:Q.If i import a table def its meta data in datastage, it is stored in common repository...
That is not correct except, perhaps, if you use the Connector import wizard. Conventionally table definitions imported using DataStage are stored in the local (project) repository. There are utilities for converting these to shared table definitions, but these are not automatic.

Red always indicates a problem of some kind.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: shared metadata...

Post by allavivek »

Hi Ray,

So in 8.x apart form common shared repository , local repository also exists for each project??Or local repository is also part of common shared repository??

How will i know what was fault with the table definition having red mark?

Thanks ray...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at what's under the red mark. Open book is shared, blue-and-yellow grid is local.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

Hi Ray,

As the local repository is for datastage only....

1.If i create a job is the information of that job going to be stored in both local and shared repository?

2.All the table metadata in datastage , are they also be stored in both repositories by default or should we make shared to make them store in shared repository?

Thanks ray...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Design time information is local, other information both.

2. No, local table definitions in DataStage are purely local. You have to use the Shared Table Creation Wizard to convert to shared.