reject a record!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kennyapril
Participant

reject a record!!

Post by kennyapril »

A job is designed to load data into a table.

These records are unique records so before loading into the table remove_duplicates stage is used to remove the duplicates.

Finally all the records without the duplicates are loaded,one record among them has all fields null except a field which is "0" as it is an integer

Is there any function in transformer to remove that particular record before loading into the table?

Thanks
Regards,
Kenny
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Transformer constraint would be one way.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Ravi.K
Participant

Post by Ravi.K »

You need to write a stage variable to check whether all the columns are null or not except that integer column then write a constraint to load non nullable records into target.

This is helpful if the columns are less. There could be other Optimized work arounds...
Cheers
Ravi K
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Transformer constraint

There are 5 fields( 4 char,1 integer)

the 4 fields has null in that records and the other interger field has "0".

IsNotNull(dslink.Person_name)

where Person_name is one of the 4 fields.

can I use the above function in the transformer constraint to reject the single record?
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is an incomplete solution unless you can guarantee that Person_name is not null in every other row. Otherwise you should check all five fields.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhijitg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abhijitg »

As mentioned above, create a single stage variable (svRejectFlag) and evaluate it based on all the columns that would make it true or false, and apply the constraint on the stage variable.

Code: Select all

svRejectFlag = IsNull(in.Col1) Or IsNull(in.Col2) ..  
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

I removed all the duplicates by using remove _duplicates stage so the field person_name has only one row which has null and that is the key which I used in remove duplicates.

For the safe side I will use the stage variable svRejectFlag.

In this stage variable IsNull(in.col1) or IsNull(in.col2)...cnotains only the rows with null values.

When you give a stage variable as svrejectflag does it reject the records which we described in the stage variable.

suggest please!!

Thanks,
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kennyapril wrote:When you give a stage variable as svrejectflag does it reject the records which we described in the stage variable.
No.

But it does give you a good basis on which to construct constraint expressions to handle the rows that are "good" and those which you wish to dispose of differently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A constraint is an expression. If the expression evaluates to "true" for a row, it is passed down the link. If the expression evaluates to "false" it does not. Simple as that.
-craig

kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

When I use a stage variable as suggested svreject=...........

use that stage variable as constraint
something like

svreject =true in the contraint of that output.

Is this right?
Regards,
Kenny
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just svreject could work. But for this to make sense, svreject as "false" [ aka Not(svreject) ] would be used in your target link, while svreject as "true" would be for a reject link.
-craig

kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

That works!!

Thank you ALL!!
Regards,
Kenny