Issue with handling chinese characters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue with handling chinese characters

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi,
I am facing issues while loading chinese characters . I tried all the options posted in the forum as using GB2312/UTF-8/ISO8859-15 but its not working . Following is the server NLS details:

Datastage Ver: Datastge 7.5.2
Server NLS : MS1252-CS
Project NLS:iso-8859-15

I am getting chinese character in source file but while loading data in oracle data is not getting loaded properly ,I can see ? and boxes getting loaded in table .

I have installed chinese font in Toad also and using it to see data , I can see some charcters getting loaded correct but not all of them .

Please suggest some solution .

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You must have all your maps (a) correct and (b) compatible. For example MS1252 does not handle Chinese characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your response . Can you suggest one set of all maps to read chinese and English characters as my source has both chinese and English charcters .

Because in the forums i see many combinations of maps depending on individual's datastage environment .

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, as you note it's always site-specific. Start by trying ISO8859-15 (or its equivalent) across the board.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.