unable to login to IBM Information server web console

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tayebir
Participant

unable to login to IBM Information server web console

Post by tayebir »

I installed IBM IIS 8.0.1 on windows xp. When I try to login to Information server web console, I got the following error message: You are not allowed to access this area. I used the same username as the windows admin.
Note: I have chosen internal user registry option during installation.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please supply the exact error message. The one you have given does not look like an Information Server error message. Do you have other security mechanisms - even Windows ones - in place?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tayebir
Participant

Post by tayebir »

Hi Ray,
That's the exact error message I got. I am using the windows administrator login to log in to the information server web console, the browser is IE 7.0.5730.13. I don't have any windows security mechanisms in place. I tried to log in with the default user "isadmin" but don't know the password, could you pelase let me know what the password is for "isadmin".

Thanks,
Riad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's whatever whoever installed the product set it to. There is no default value.

It still doesn't look like an Information Server error to me. Ask at your site about whether the message means anything within the Windows environment (for example).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

'isadmin' is the default Information Server Administrator ID. The password was set by you at install time.

If you forgot the password you used when you installed, then you should contact IBM support to see if there is a password reset procedure.
Regards,
Robert