Unable to start Orchestrate

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

juliesimo
Participant

Unable to start Orchestrate

Post by juliesimo »

I can't run a job in Datastage 8.0.1
I got this fatal error
"main_program: Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE job: APT_PMwaitForPlayersToStart failed while waiting for players to confirm startup. This likely indicates a network problem.
Status from APT_PMpoll is 0; node name is node1"
Please, If anyone knows anything please post it.
thank you
JS
White Papers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It would seem that you don't want to use the recommended Search function before posting.
That error message, particularly the "APT_PMwaitForPlayersToStart" is found in 23 threads.
juliesimo
Participant

Post by juliesimo »

thank you for your recommendation...
But the 23 threads that exists are for Unix or AIX...
So if somebody knows something else for Windows Server 2003 and version 8.0.1 is acceptable.

thank you
js
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The execution strategy is identical on Windows and UNIX.

Conductor process reads generated osh and configuration file, then constructs the score. After that it starts a section leader process on each node (using fork() or rsh) and passes the score to each of these. Then the section leaders start player processes as required in the score.

If the system is overloaded, this might not happen within the time limit specified (from memory this is 60 pr 120 seconds).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
juliesimo
Participant

Post by juliesimo »

thank u