Customizing logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajaykumar
Participant

Customizing logs

Post by ajaykumar »

Hi Folks,

How can we customize the logs for serveral clients or applications, like for Datastage we get the log in Director and there are websphere systemout.log and systemErr.log, buy my question here is, is there any way that we can customize logs for deployed webservices and different log for IBM FastTrack and Business Glossary and Metadata WorkBench.........?

In our Environement we are using all IBM tools like Datastage Quality stage and Information Analyzer and FastTrack and Business Glossary and Metadata work bench and deployed webservices.

How can we customize different logs for each of these applications.

Replies are really appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can customize what goes in to the logs, but I don't believe this is possible on a per-project basis. However, I have not ventured into that part of the Web Console for some time - things may have changed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I agree with Ray but you might be able to help them interprupt the logs based on what common errors mean and how to fix these common errors.
Mamu Kim