how to assign a default value to a generated column ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumoka
Participant

Post by sumoka »

Hi ,

I am using a column generator to create a new column , datastage populates random data to it.

I want to assign a constant value to it, is it possible ?

P.S. I don't want to use a transformer

thanks in advance.

sumoka.
nitkuar
Participant

Post by nitkuar »

Open Edit Column Metadata window for newly added column and there you have the option of defaulting this new field to a constant value instead of randomly generated data on the basis of specified datatype.
ArunaDas_Maharana
Participant

Post by ArunaDas_Maharana »

pls use the information provided in the designer while configuring column generater

under colum to generate

Name of column to be added to row by the generator. To control the way random data is generated, open up the column editor for the output column and select Parallel Generator properties.

go to output column choose your datatype and provide your fixed value on Edit column meta data window.
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Hi,
You can EDIT the column which you are generating in Column Generator and there is a tab to specify the Default Value. You can specify whatever default value you want out there.
Regards
Ajay
sumoka
Participant

Post by sumoka »

Thanks!

Actually I touched datastage designer after 2 years . memory became a bit rusty. Thanks a lot!