Cannot remove "will partition" warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot remove "will partition" warning

Post by dougcl »

Hi folks, I have a lookup stage doing nothing fancy. The stream link is set to SAME. The reference link is set to HASH. Both links have the preserve partitioning flag set to CLEAR.

I still get the warning.

Just for grins, I also cleared the flag on the lookup output.

Still get the warning.

Ideas? Does everybody just put these in a message handler? They provide no value as near as I can tell.

Thanks,
Doug
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clear the preserve partitioning flag on the stages upstream on the input links to the Lookup stage. Use Entire partitioning on the reference input link unless you can be 100% certain that the stream input link uses identical Hash partitioning propagated from upstream by Same.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

ray.wurlod wrote:Clear the preserve partitioning flag on the stages upstream on the input links to the Lookup stage. Use Entire partitioning on the reference input link unless you can be 100% certain that the stream input link uses identical Hash partitioning propagated from upstream by Same.
Hi Ray, thanks. As I said, both links are set to CLEAR upstream. I also cleared the output link. I am certain the stream is partitioned by the ref link hash key. In any case, I will try using entire in case that helps.

Any compelling reason not to demote this warning to info level across the entire project and just ignore the partitioning flag forever? It seems to be poorly implemented.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

Okay I am adding the "will partition despite the preserve-partitioning flag" warning to my message handler.

Goodbye partitioning flag. Maybe you will be fixed someday.