sql code 1403 and records getting rejected..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

sql code 1403 and records getting rejected..

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

My source is having varchar of "2010/11/31" format and my target is column having timestamp ...database on target is oracle...

Iam using stringtodate(col,'%yyyy/%mm/%dd') and all records are geting rejected giving 1403 as sql code..

As target is timestamp i used
if IsNotNull(col) or Trim(col)<>'' then Stringtotimestamp((col:" 00:00:00"),"%yyyy/%mm/%dd %hh:mm:ss") else SetNull()

Another method used for left input as string with col:" 00:00:00" and in insert query i used
to_date(orchestrate.col,'YYYY/MM/DD HH:MI:SS')
its giving error as invalid month...

I was getting error as invalid time...

Any suggestions how to make it work....

Thank you..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"%yyyy/%mm/%dd %hh:%mm:%ss"
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

chulett wrote:"%yyyy/%mm/%dd %hh:%mm:%ss"

i printed wrong....thts wht i gave...

chulett , If the target is timestamp data type and if iam inserting date will oracle database accepts or throws records...

One more doubt is if iam having 2010/11/11 00:00:00 will the length changes in datastage and oralce..or will be same in both??

Thank you...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is the Oracle column's type? While the job can use a Timestamp in either case, things are different when populating a DATE versus a TIMESTAMP.
-craig

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

chulett wrote:What is the Oracle column's type? While the job can use a Timestamp in either case, things are different when populating a DATE versus a TIMESTAMP. ...
Oracle column type is Timestamp......
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then you'll need to ensure you pass in a full timestamp value, not just 'a date'. Of course, that timestamp can contain a completely zero time portion, including any fractional seconds (if needed).
-craig

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

chulett wrote:Then you'll need to ensure you pass in a full timestamp value, not just 'a date'. Of course, that timestamp can contain a completely zero time portion, including any fractional seconds (if needed). ...
i did but records are getting rejected again with 1403 sql code..

Iam having a 'NULL' data column where iam inserting in to target column having nullable property yes' and having type char(1)...

are records getting rejected due to this...orcould be any other reason...because i see the constraints are equal in both source nd target,....

Thank you...