XML input stage - Repetition element

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kurapatisrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML input stage - Repetition element

Post by kurapatisrk »

Hi,

I am new to XML Stage. I have a XML file that has multiple customer details in which there are multiple repetition elements like classification, bank details, phone number. And in classification there are again multiple repetition elements like code, and type.

How do we capture the data from multiple levels?

I used Folder stage---->XML input Stage------->Seq file

Can somebody advice?
Thanks
Ksrk
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Start with some reading....here in the forum....in the documentation......in the Best Practices guide on xml at Kim Duke's site.....my blog below......

...to get you started:

You need to import metadata for each of the repeating nodes from an XSD or from an existing document. Check only the lowest level boxes that you want to retrieve data from (that will become clear when you get into the xml metadata importer).

You will mark "one" of those lowest level columns as a key on your link.

Each repeating node you have will be (with potentially any parent info) on an output link by itself (one output link for each indepedently repeating node). Start with just one until you understand the behavior.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
kurapatisrk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kurapatisrk »

Thanks for the reply. I will read and get back.
Thanks
Ksrk