Line breaking in sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinay_renu2001
Participant

Line breaking in sequential file

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

Hello Everyone,

I have a text file being created using the DB2 export utility in which there is a description field where few records have Line Feed's in it. This file is to be loaded into TeraData Database.

Now the question is:

1. Can we read a text file into DataStage with Sequential file stage with Line Feeds (<LF>)? If not, do we have any alternative in DataStage?

Note: Requirement is to carry Line Feeds (<LF>) in those description fields. Converting the Line Feeds into spaces and load into the TeraData is not permissible.

Thanks
Thanks and Regards
Vin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Presumably the export utility has quoted these strings. In the Columns grid (and I note that this is a server job, even though posted in the Enterprise Edition forum) you can mark the column(s) in question "contains line termintors" in the Sequential File stage and everything will be taken care of automatically.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.