Mapping failed to copy attribute

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Indranil
Participant

Mapping failed to copy attribute

Post by Indranil »

Hi,
While I'm trying to save a job after doing some changes it's giving the following error and is not being saved.

"Mapping failed to copy attributes : JobDefn -> DSJobDef(EObject:
c2e76d84,43058877.79a66ee0.2ce3102c-7a64-4437.ad80.f77209f78067, JobDefn)
".

The job is quite big and have many ODBC, join and transformer stages with some complicated logics.

Is it anyway related with having so many stages in the job or the problem is something else?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Regards,
Indranil
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It shouldn't be caused by too many stages. Can you do a "save as" with another name of the changed job?
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

Hello ArndW,

I got the exact same error while saving a big job.

While I'm trying to save a job after doing some changes it's giving the following error and is not being saved.
" Mapping failed to copy attributes : JobDefn -> DSJobDef(EObject:
c2e76d84,43058877.79a66ee0.2ce3102c-7a64-4437.ad80.f77209f78067, JobDefn) ".

The job is quite big. I have to use "Save As" to save it. Any solution/advice?

Thank you.
Last edited by Thanh Dalton on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If the problem is reproduceable I would submit it to your support provider as it would seem to be a bug. How big is "big"? We routinely save jobs with over 100 stage and haven't seen this problem.
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

ArndW wrote:If the problem is reproduceable I would submit it to your support provider as it would seem to be a bug. How big is "big"? We routinely save jobs with over 100 stage and haven't seen this problem.
ArndW,

Thanks you so much for the quick response.

The error happened only from time to time within the big job. Other jobs do not have this error at all. In addition, in DB2, I don't see any error message regarding the xmeta database. Our Information Server is V8.1.0.0.
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

Thanh Dalton wrote:
ArndW wrote:If the problem is reproduceable I would submit it to your support provider as it would seem to be a bug. How big is "big"? We routinely save jobs with over 100 stage and haven't seen this problem.
ArndW,

Thanks you so much for the quick response.

The error happened only from time to time within the big job. Other jobs do not have this error at all. In addition, in DB2, I don't see any error message regarding the xmeta database. Our Information Server is V8.1.0.0.
ArndW,

The job is not that big as yours. But it does contain a lot of sort, etc.

One thing I can not understand is why other jobs do not have this problem. Could this error have something to do with the job design itself? Since the DS developer said it happens only from time to time, there is no way for me to check whether this has something to do with the developer's workstation itself, such as, possible corruption with OS in the workstation.

Thanks.

Qiong
jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jagadam »

Hi,

Check the below link.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR32301

It's a bug in version 8 and either have to install patch or fix pack 1a.

Thanks
NJ