UTF-16

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

UTF-16

Post by dodda »

Hello

I need to produce the sequentla File in UTF-16 Format. I have only one Field which i am mapping from oracle to Seqfile.
Default Project NLS is defined as ISO-8859-1
Please help me on this
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The project default NLS map can be overridden in the Job Properties in the NLS tab. I suspect you need UTF16_PlatformEndian (or perhaps UTF16_OppositeEndian), but make sure that it is the compatible map for the NLS setting used for Oracle. It will need to appear in the mapping file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dodda »

Thanks Ray,

In the job i am producing lot of other Files too. I just wanted one File alone in UTF-16 Format. If i change the setting of NLS in the job properties level to be in UTF-16 then all the other files i am producing would be in UTF-16 format. Is there a way that we can do the change in one stage alone. I tried NLS map tab of sequential File stage to be in UTF-16 and all the others in PROJECT default. that didnt not work.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can override the job property within the Stage. There's an NLS tab in stage properties.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.