Data Source Name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kennyapril
Participant

Data Source Name

Post by kennyapril »

I was trying to load data into DB2 Database using ODBC connector.
I an new to this work i.e loading data and In the place of data source I used the name of the database But for some reason the job fails and The error is

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

What could be the problem the stage or the data source name?
please help me with any suggestions.
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the data source name (DSN) you used in the ODBC stage correctly configured in $ODBCINI and registered in uvodbc.config file?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, it's not the database name you use but rather the 'data source name', the name of the entry you made in the ODBC configuration files for this database.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Regularly we connect to the DB which is informix using DSN which is already configured.

But now the DB is DB2 with a new database Do I need a new DSN for that DB on the server?

Do I need to load the data using Information server which is installed on the same server?
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You do need a new DSN. It might have the same name as the old Informix one, but it will have a totally different definition, including the pathname of the library to be loaded and the port number through which to connect. Prototypes exist within the $ODBCINI file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Thanks,

Admin created a new dsn for the new database with new definition.

The dsn was created on the server in which the database is present now
Do I need to load the data using the datastage on that server in which the DSN is created?

The file which is to be loaded comes every monday to the server and the records increase every week like first week 100 users Information and the second week 110 users information so approximately 10 new users add every week and they cannot be identified and I have to delete the old week information and load the new week Information.
In the Properties of ODBC connector
Write mode I am using is Delete then Insert

and the table action is Truncate

Please let me know whether the properties I gave are correct for my requirement?
Regards,
Kenny