JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samad40
Participant

JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog)

Post by samad40 »

when running the sequencer the fatal error is :

Jobname .JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog): USER INFO: Issue in Teradata Load. Please refer log for details JOB=> jobname> JobControl LINK=> -8

Code: Select all

* Routine will cause a job abort, writing the supplied message to the log. 
    $include DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H 
    Equate RoutineName To "UtilityAbortToLog" 
    Deffun DSRMessage(A1, A2, A3) Calling "*DataStage*DSR_MESSAGE" 
    InputMsg = Arg1 
    If Isnull(InputMsg) Then 
        InputMsg = " " 
    End 
    Message = DSRMessage("DSTAGE_TRX_E_0017", "USER INFO: %1 JOB=> %2 STAGE=> %3 LINK=> %4",  InputMsg:@FM:DSJobName:@FM:DSStageName:@FM:DSLinkName)
    Call DSLogFatal(Message, RoutineName) 
    Ans = 1 
Can anyone help me .............
samad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What kind of help are you looking for? Your Sequence is apparently coded to call this routine under certain circumstances and which fails / aborts the run. Apparently you had an "Issue in Teradata Load" and need to check the logs for whatever jobs your sequence runs.

BTW, those error codes are documented in the dsapi.h file in your DSEngine's 'include' directory and are also replicated in the last post in this thread, including your -8 link error.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deepit80
Participant

Re: JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog)

Post by deepit80 »

HI SAM,

I was also facing the similar issue in my sequencer job. In my sequencer job there was 4 flows. 3 flows were working fine, when I was passing condition for the fourth flow it was throwing similar error. So I created a new flow with the first activity. I thought I will keep on adding all required activities after the success with one activity. As sson as I tried to define that activity I realize the issue. The activity was having one input link and two output link( Success and Failure). For the success link I triggered the Expression Type as OK-(conditional) and for Output link I did "Unconditional" which was wrong. When I changed "Unconditional" to "Otherwise", issue got resolved.........
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These routines always return 1, which is treated by the calling sequence as a Failure. Create otherwise identical sequences that set Ans = 0 instead of 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.