Job failing when scheduled through Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Singleton schedules use "at" on UNIX, it's only recurring schedules (like 'every') that use "cron".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

chulett wrote:Singleton schedules use "at" on UNIX, it's only recurring schedules (like 'every') that use "cron".
Thanks Craig.

Now I am wondering what is the difference, schedule through "at" vs through "cron". Schedule through "cron" failing with permission issue.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe the user ID is registered in cron.allow but not in at.allow. Ask your UNIX administrator to check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or the other way 'round. :wink:

That would usually be the answer to the question if the attempt to schedule the job had failed. Since we're not talking about the 'Add to Schedule' step but rather the actual scheduled run, something else is going on, some kind of difference in the environments between the two schedulers.

Heck if I know what that might be however. In your shoes I would involve both your SysAdmins and your official support provider to help nail down where the responsibility for this lies.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dganeshm »

Please check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and make sure the library file being referenced is part of you LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Regards,
Ganesh