not seeing all warning messages in job log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

not seeing all warning messages in job log

Post by Rob4732 »

Hello All,

I am loading a sql server table with 8000 records. A unique index exists on this table(based on 4 columns). When I load the same 8000 records again(with no limit on warnings), only 46 warning messages appear in the log:

(ODBC_INSERT_TABLE_STG,0: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.TABLE' with unique index 'TABLE_U1'.)

No additional records are loaded into the target table on second run and only 44 warnings in log. Job finishes ok(w/warnings). In theory I would expect to see 8000 warnings in the log.

If run again with warning limit set to 40, I get 40 warnings and then job aborts, as expected.

No show stoppers, but curious why all warning messages are not being captured.

Thx

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Did you double click the message to display it in a popup window? Sometimes a single line in the msg log actually represents LOTS of similar msgs.
Bob
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

Yes. I opened each message in it's own window and used Next to get to next message. All warnings are the same.

Also the data is static. One thing that occured to me was that maybe a time component of a timestamp was changing each time I ran, but the date is not derived, it is a static value. This date is one of the columns in the Unique index.

Thx
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.