The connection failed!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

The connection failed!

Post by bobyon »

I've been working on getting the ODBC connector stage working for the first time at our shop. After resolving a few other issues I keep getting a little popup error window that simply says "The connection failed!" anytime I attempt to click the "Test" link (column heading) on the properties tab.

Since there was no additional information, I decided to try to run the job to see if it would produce any additional information in the Director log. And, to my surprise and amazement....IT WORKED. No errors.

Which, of course, is good news. But, does anybody know what is going on with that deceptive little popup error in Designer?

I just attempted to View Data also and received a Missing Properties error window stating that DataSource, Username and Password are undefined or use job parameters. They are not missing of course as the job runs successfully. They do use parameters, however.

Is there some secret handshake to test things in Designer I don't know about?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob