Enterprise vs Plug in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agpt
Participant

Enterprise vs Plug in

Post by agpt »

Hi,

What is the difference between Enterprise stage and plug in stage? For example FTP enter prise stage vs FTP plug in stage or ODBC Enterprise stage Vs ODBC Plug in?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why so many "what is the difference between..." posts?

Enterprise stages have innate parallel capability (even if it can't always be gainfully employed). API stages originate from the server engine and always execute in a single (sequential) process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why so many "what is the difference between..." posts?

Enterprise stages have innate parallel capability (even if it can't always be gainfully employed). API stages originate from the server engin ...
Thanks Ray!!!!

Reason for so many what's diff posts is just to get things clear in my head.

I am really thankful to the guys reading and replying to my posts to clear my doubts.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Soon you are going to have to consider Connector vs Enterprise vs Plug In. If you are on 8.1 it is worth considering the connectors for ODBC, DB2, Oracle and Teradata as they are newer, tend to have better reject handling, can be faster and have more accurate metadata import.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not to mention the Connector for MQ Series
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.