Datastage Login issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dssiddu
Participant

Datastage Login issue

Post by dssiddu »

When I try to login Datastage designer , gettting following error. But I can select the project from drop down list. And also I can login Unix server where datastage has installed.

Error as below.
Datastage Repository Interface

Record EC784FEC-515E-4E28-874C-8C021FAECAE2-TCWDIWTS06P:5890350 ON FILE 29 cannot be written

Thanks in Advance
Siddu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess is that there is a problem for the login/security service writing to one of the metadata repository tables. You probably need to involve your official support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you confirm if this is a version 7 or version 8 installation? Can you login to the director and administrator?
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

Thanks to Arnd & Ray

ArndW wrote:Can you confirm if this is a version 7 or version 8 installation? Can you login to the director and administrator? ...
We are using 7.5.3.
Only I am not able to login any DS clients.
My colleagues are able to login.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have several projects? If so, try to login with your id in another project and see if the error message persists. I am not at a DataStage system right now to check, but there must be hashed file where the session information is written and you most likely don't have UNIX write permissions to that file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That value is a key to the DS_LICENSE table, so I'm not sure where the FILE 29 reported came from. The key contains the MAC address and identity of the client machine and the process ID of the corresponding agent process on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That was it, Ray.

dssiddu:
The DS_LICENSE file is either corrupted or you cannot write to it. If your user has "rw" access to the file then you will need to repair this file.