Passeing value to $APT_CONFIG_FILE at run time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pk39565
Premium Member
Premium Member

Passeing value to $APT_CONFIG_FILE at run time

Post by Pk39565 »

Hi,

I have a requirement to pass value to variable $APT_CONFIG_FILE at run time. By Default in job i am using 8 node file to run the job. But while calling the job through unix script i want to change it to used 4 node. In Unix script i am not able to pass this value.

I wanted to know how to assign a value to this varaiable in script while forming the parameterlist for the job.

I have value in parameter file but i am not able to assign while running job through script.

Regards
PK.
Praneet
vkhandel
Participant

Re: Passeing value to $APT_CONFIG_FILE at run time

Post by vkhandel »

dsjob -run -param '$APT_CONFIG_FILE'='/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Configurations/${file_name}.apt'
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

You can also set the appropriate config file by passing it as a parameter from the sequence to the job.

The sequence will be invoked by unix script

Regards
Sreeni
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Generally it is best practice to include the $APT_CONFIG_FILE parameter in all PX jobs and keep the setting at "PROJDEF", this allows you to change either the project default to affect all jobs or to specifically target those jobs that need or require different configuration file settings.