vertical pivot

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agpt
Participant

vertical pivot

Post by agpt »

How do we do vertical pivot because only pivot type available in pivot enterprise stage is horizontal pivot?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It has been mentioned here quite a bit, so do an exact search for "vertical pivot" and troll through what comes up. Yes, you will find a lot of matches to posts with this exact same advice to search in them, keep on going and you'll (eventually) find the wheat amongst the chaff.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since we just went through this recently with someone else, here's one I knew I could find. As noted, there are other examples out there.

viewtopic.php?t=136037
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Thanks Craig!!!!!!!

I would look into the same.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: vertical pivot

Post by Mike »

agpt wrote:... only pivot type available in pivot enterprise stage is horizontal pivot?
Have you checked the stage or are you relying on the pdf documentation?

I'm finally getting a chance to look at 8.1.2 and haven't test driven the pivot enterprise stage yet. I dropped the stage into a job and it has two options for pivot type: Horizontal or Vertical. The Parallel Job Developers Guide pdf, however, states that Horizontal is the only available pivot type.

Mike
agpt
Participant

Re: vertical pivot

Post by agpt »

Mike wrote:
agpt wrote:... only pivot type available in pivot enterprise stage is horizontal pivot?
Have you checked the stage or are you relying on the pdf documentation?

I'm finally getting a chance to look at 8.1.2 and haven't test driven the pivot enterprise stage yet. I dropped the stage into a job and it has two options for pivot type: Horizontal or Vertical. The Parallel Job Developers Guide pdf, however, states that Horizontal is the only available pivot type.

Mike
Thanks Mike!!!!

I would check my software as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Vertical pivot is allegedly to be available in the PXPivot stage (subject to the usual caveats) in the next version (probably numbered 8.5, subject to other caveats).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Yes, it seems that the Pivot Enterprise stage in 8.1.x only does horizontal pivots even though there is a choice presented for pivot type. Even without the vertical pivot, the Pivot Enterprise stage is a nice improvement over the Pivot Plugin stage from 8.0.1.

Mike