Datastage MQ connectivity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage MQ connectivity

Post by myukassign »

Hi..

I installed Websphere MQ server and cleint in my IBM IIS server itself. As per the configuration guide of Webspehre MQ, I am able to create MQ manger, Queue, and successfully droped & retrive message using the exaple application given by the MQ installation.

Now when I try to connect the MQ using MQ connector, I am getting the error message, "An exception occured while trying to send the message to the handler. The agent at <myserver>:31531 is not availabe"

When using the "websphere Mq stage" the error is "ds_load library: error in dl open"

I need a help here please.

Please tell me what all lib path I need to add in my dsenv. Is that the only place to add or something else.

The lib path I added is

/usr/mqm/lib:/usr/mqm/inc:/var/mqm

</var/mqm> is the place whre mqs.ini file located in my server
/usr/mqm is the installation path for my server.

Please help. Also is there any documentation from IBM where these kind of environment setup is mentioned... pls tell me the name also..

I searched in administration guide, also in the configuration guide but no use
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am not sure and can't check from here, but that port number(31531) might be that of the ASBnode. Can you check to see if that is running on your machine? Does WebSphere and DataStage function correctly (apart from this problem)?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That the JobMonApp is running tells you nothing about the Node Agent.

Try netstat -a | grep 31531
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

That command did not give me anything ... So how to start it if it is stopped?

I am on AIX environment.

bash-3.00# netstat -a | grep 31531
bash-3.00#

One good news to share is, I uninstalled and reinstalled the MQ Server & client, this time 6.0.1 version of it. I found lib64 libraries and added that path in the dsenv. With this change "Websphere MQ" stage started working, but the Webpshere MQ connector stage has the same old problem.