Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kittu.raja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Designer

Post by kittu.raja »

Hi,

I got few problems in the designer. When I do hash partioning or sorting on the links and etc I am not able to see them on the links. Its completely a straight line showing nothing. Its not showing the metadata on the link also. Is there any setting on the desinger to enable it.

Thanks,
Rajesh Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, right click in the background and enable "Show Performance Statistics". There is also a menu option available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

IMHO, the problem that OP posted is not related to Performance Statistics. I am afraid there might be many possibilities on why this behavior is happening. You may have run out of memory by having too many windows open or there is a problem with the Designer client. If nothing works, a re-install of the client might work.

However, please do wait for others advice too before you attempt the re-installation.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

If the OP is talking about the link markers that indicate the partitioning method and whether the link has column metadata, there is a button on the toolbar that toggles the link marker display on and off.

Mike
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Awesome...I did not notice that so far! By default it is enabled, so never even thought of playing with those. I guess this is what OP wants...
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted