FTP transfers of XLS files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Thank you

I received a automated message from the server which has the same port number along with the host name,userid,password

The remote server has SFTP service enabled on it,does FTP enterprise support server with SFTP service.
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What exact version of DataStage are you running? (The answer may already be here on DSXchange - try a search for SFTP.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

I am using 8.0.1,searching tells 8.1 has the feature but not 8.0.1

If this doesnot support SFTP then the server has to be enabled as FTP instead of SFTP.

Is this the solution or any other solution please let me know
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's the only capability of the FTP stage (which is why I asked about the exact version). It may be that "they" will not allow ordinary FTP due to security requirements. In that case, construct a script (invoked from a job sequence) that performs a secure FTP to a local file on the server and use a Sequential File stage in a DataStage job on the server to read that file.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

thanks ray
Got a solution

The admin gave me another hostname for the same server which is FTP so now I can read everything and write it to a file but the problem is the FTP stage has no option which says first line is column name true/false.

Now the column name is also read as a row,please suggest me any change to get rid of the column name issue.
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Process every field as VarChar, then use a Sample or Transformer stage downstream of the FTP stage to skip the first row. Reparse your data after that (or in the Transformer stage) as required.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Now my job is in this way

FTP------------->transformer--------------->sequential file

I used the option first line is column name as true but still I get the column names in the records.

How can I skip the first row in a transformer?

please suggest me
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the Transformer stage is running in sequential mode, then the constraint @INROWNUM > 1 will do it for you.
kennyapril
Participant

Post by kennyapril »

Great!!

That worked, Thanks Ray
Regards,
Kenny