can't open join stage properties

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

flcrn01
Premium Member
Premium Member

can't open join stage properties

Post by flcrn01 »

Hi,

In any job, i can't access the join stage properties. I've uninstalled my DataStage client and installed it again but always nothing when i want to open a join stage to view properties. I've tried to create a new job by using join stage. It's impossible because i can't open the join join stage properties.

Do you have any solution to this issue?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. What has changed since you could open stage properties? For example, what other software has been installed?
Are you running on Windows XP sp 2 and, if so, have you installed the DataStage patch for XPsp2?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Is this problem specific to 1 project or all projects? Can others open the join properties on their PC's? Can you access the join properties using a different logon ID?

We have experienced a similiar situation, but it involved the DB2 API.

Let me know and depending on your answers, I can tell you what we did to solve the problem, even though it occurred on a different stage.
flcrn01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by flcrn01 »

Yes i'm running on Windows XP sp 2 and And I Have installed the DataStage patch for XPsp2. I have met this problem only when i log in my client datastage on my windows session for all projects and environments.

To open Join Properties, i must connect remotly to an other computer.
cassi_bsb
Participant

Post by cassi_bsb »

hi,

I have the same problem. I think that is a problem in registry.
Is there any solution?

Thanks,
Cassiano
Cassiano Fontoura
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

When you de-install the client you must make sure to "regedit" your registry and remove all remaining entries. Did you also re-apply all patches after your re-install?