Dataset Management does not work from Director or Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bill_G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dataset Management does not work from Director or Designer

Post by Bill_G »

I am unable to open Data Set Mangment from the director or designer client. When I go to Tools>Data Set Manaement, I get the hour glass, but the dialogue box never shows itself. If i look at task manager, it reveals that Data Set manager is running, but eventually (after a few minutes) will move to Not Repsonding.

I have attempted to access from multiple machines running both XP and Server 2003.

I have a PMR open with IBM, but have not recieved a solution.

Thanks

Bill
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Bill,

We are also on 8.1 and have not witnessed this behavior, but if you need to view the kinds of information that the Dataset Manager would show have you used orchadmin?

Not meaning to sideswipe your issue.
Bill_G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bill_G »

I have been using orchadmin and is a good workaround. I'd like for the client to work as advertised as it would be easier for some of our production support folks to deal with.

Thanks

Bill
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

That is what I figured and agree that it should work. Do you know if you have all of the patch levels for the client? Did you open the PMR as a 2 or 3? - if it is a 3 then I would make it a 2 citing the inability for prod support to review rejects etc.... make up something :)