FTP PX Stage - UTF conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Have you defined your meta data as varchar unicode?
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
piyu
Participant

Post by piyu »

I tried both with and without unicode in Extended property for varchar.

Neither worked.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

What happens when you "view data" ?
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
piyu
Participant

Post by piyu »

The file doesn't get FTPed. If you view the data in UNIX (after getting it manually), the characters are displayed fine in Vi editor but Datastage reads it as a ? that is, Datastage does let you "view" data but with a "?" for the unreadable character.
piyu
Participant

Post by piyu »

Is this just an NLS problem?
jcthornton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jcthornton »

Would it be possible to switch your FTP mode to binary? It sounds like the problems are due to trying to send a non-ascii file as ascii.

chowdary_kish, you would be better served starting your own thread if a search doesn't give you the answer you need. Your problem is not identical to the original poster's.
Jack Thornton
----------------
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation - Robert H. Schuller