Oracle sessions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tkozlows
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle sessions

Post by tkozlows »

Hi Everybody,

Please consider the following scenario. A DataStage job creates an Oracle session to perform whatever tasks it is designed to perform. The same job completes successfully. The Oracle session created by this job becomes inactive and precisely 2 hours later is closed, i.e. no longer appears in the v$session view in Oracle.

Is there a setting to shorten the time between when the DS job completes and the corresponding Oracle session is closed? Is such setting controlled within DS or Oracle?

PS. This is NOT an urgent request but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thomas K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If there is such a setting it's more likely to be in Oracle than in DataStage. I'm not aware of anything in DataStage (unless you can send something like a DROP SESSION command* after your final Oracle stage).

* I'm not an Oracle expert - the command may be CLOSE SESSION or something else (HALT AND CATCH FIRE?).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.