APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kalpanam
Participant

APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT error

Post by kalpanam »

Hi ,

I'm facing issue in running datastage job.Actually my job design looks like as below:

DB2 UDB Enterprise stage----->Modify stage------->DB2 UDB Enterprise stage

When I tried executing this job I got the below error:

" Service table transmission failed for db2node1 (uhqq3cadm01-p:Broken pipe. This may indicate a network problem. Setting APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT to a larger value (when unset, it defaults to 60) may alleviate this problem."
After that I increased APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT value to 900 and ran the job.Now the job is failing with the below error:

Unable to start ORCHESTRATE network connection on node ETLnode4 (uhqqetl01): APT_PMConnectionSetup:: operator 1(parallel {natural=mdinternetorder_nbr, synthetic="modify(0)"})timed out with 1 incomplete incoming connections.

Please help me out in resolving out this issue at the earliest and please let me know if you need any more details.Thanks in Advance...

Thanks & Regards,
Kalpana Marupudi
Kalpana Marupudi
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Sounds to me like the processes cannot be started on the remote server. How many nodes in your DPF server are defined in your config and can you ssh or rsh between all of the servers and it is keyless (no password needed)?
kalpanam
Participant

Post by kalpanam »

mhester wrote:Sounds to me like the processes cannot be started on the remote server. How many nodes in your DPF server are defined in your config and can you ssh or rsh between all of the servers and it is keyless (no password needed)?
Can you please tell me how to do this ssh or ssh?
Kalpana Marupudi
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

From your ETL server as the user you will be running as try the following -

Code: Select all

ssh uhqq3cadm01-p date
If this prompts for a password then your keyless ssh is not configured correctly. When running in DS the user running the job has to be able to start remote processes on the DPF servers and this is accomplished via ssh or rsh.

Caveat: You may be using rsh in which case the steps necessary to set that up are different than ssh and I am not familiar with that.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

just login in unix via putty type

ssh server name
or

rsh servername .

I hope you don't have or your userid don't have SSH or RSH access

Thanks
Man