DS_ERR_0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

DS_ERR_0

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Issue Description
-----------------

The Director Log mentioned be :-

js80000500EDWToEDMExecSQL.js8000500EDWToEDMExecSQL_DIM.JobControl (fatal error from rtErrorHandling):
Severity 1 Error (DS_ERR_0) encountered. Job will abort.
Loaded data for DM_BOE_YR and aborted while loading DM_CDR_YR.

When re-test ran to completion. Sequence had been reset so was full run.

One of the senior datastage architect suggests :- Issue was with a job run time table. Job wrties status info to this table but was unable to find an entry.

Then we request a PMR that is raised with IBM. But they want this issue to be reproducible.

I have the below questions :-

a) Has Anyone faced similar issue like this before ??
b) How we can reproduce this issue ?

Any help regarding this is welcome.....

Thanks,
Ankur
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem is in your routine rtErrorHandling and its interaction with the job sequence that invoked it, presumably through a Routine activity. With no knowledge of what this routine does it is almost impossible to assist. I suspect, however, that it has returned a non-zero result that has not been properly handled by the sequence.

Is it possible to post the source code of this routine?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Hi Ray,

We faced this problem suppose 1 in 500 times when we have run the sequence.... now frequently.... ?? We have checked the routine it is workig fine...
Yes you are correct that Routine Activity is being ... But this routine is used across project around 100 times. Its work fine.

So we face this issue less frequently.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

If I remember the code correctly, the routine has raised a fatal signal due to an issue noticed in the job but with no proper error code. Valid error codes will be in another csv file. I cannot give detailed info since this is more proprietory.

Generally, the script will log the codes associated in the corresponding job.log.

Try to locate and find the values.
Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:If I remember the code correctly, the routine has raised a fatal signal due to an issue noticed in the job but with no proper error code. Valid error codes will be in another csv file. I cannot give d ...

You are absolutely true , there is a seperate file which contains the error code .... In case of Unknown Error , it will result in Fatal Error.
But I am not understanding from where DS_ERR_0 is coming.