Performance Issues for Job Run.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vvsaucse
Participant

Performance Issues for Job Run.

Post by vvsaucse »

Hi,

I am trying to run a job in DS 8.1 Parallel edition which extracts data from DB2 table and posts the data to a Transformer stage. The job has multiple tables as sources and is taking a very long time to execute. The job log has the below message.
Please help me out whether this has some access privilege issues or what this message actually means?

"node_huxp0202: Warning: library "V0S285_EXTRACT_I020_SP_HDW_xfm_sp_data" (for class "APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S285_EXTRACT_I020_SP_HDW_xfm_sp_data") failed to load: Could not load "V0S285_EXTRACT_I020_SP_HDW_xfm_sp_data": Permission denied."
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your transform stage "EXTRACT_I020_SP_HDW_xfm_sp_data" is having trouble running. Can you try to do a force-compile of your job and see if that either fixes the issue or gives you an error message?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was the job compiled by you or someone else? Check the permissions on the named object.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vvsaucse
Participant

Post by vvsaucse »

Hi Ray,

The job was compiled and now being executed using DSADM. I assume its having all the necessary privileges being the admin
Subbu
TCS BAngalore
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried the suggested force compile?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vvsaucse
Participant

Post by vvsaucse »

Unfortunately, The env(Server) in which the job exists doesnt' have a C++ compiler for transformers and we dont have access privileges to import/export the job again. Is there any other alternative?
Subbu
TCS BAngalore
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Someone must have those privledges, can you not have them take care of this for you? Also curious if you can actually check the privledges on those objects rather than assume everything is ok.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers