Error in DB2 stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kalpanam
Participant

Error in DB2 stage

Post by kalpanam »

Hi,

I have ajob design as below:

DB2 stage------>copy stage------->DB2 stage

In Source DB2 stage I'm writing query as "SELECT Rtrim(CHAR(BIGINT(INTERNET_ORDER_NBR))) AS INTERNET_ORDER_NBR from #$prsnt_SchemaName#CS_ORDER_FACT where ORDER_KEY IS NULL" to get INTERNET_ORDER_NBR(decimal(9,0)).

In target DB2 stage I'm just specifying the table name to load the records and the write method i used is LOAD and write mode as APPEND.

My issue is the job is getting executed succeessfully and its showing the Job performance statistics correctly but when I tried querying target table,it is showing total no records as 1 with value 0.

Please help me out in getting out of this issue and where the issue lies..

Thanks & Regards,
Kalpana.
Kalpana Marupudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Replace the target DB2 stage with a Peek stage temporarily and determine what values are being selected. You don't seem to have a "." between the schema name and the table name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kalpanam
Participant

Post by kalpanam »

ray.wurlod wrote:Replace the target DB2 stage with a Peek stage temporarily and determine what values are being selected. You don't seem to have a "." between the schema name and the table name. ...
No actually I'm passing the schema name with "." as paramter.I think I'm facing table space issue in Target DB2.I have used write method as LOAD and write mode as APPEND and Non_Recoverable_transaction as FALSE.I think this is caused Tablespace got locked.

Can you please give me your thoughts on this.
Kalpana Marupudi
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

With these settings it is always preferred to set the non recoverable to True. If your job were to abort it will likely leave the table in a load/backup pending state which will require DBA intervention. If the table is in this state I know that inserts will return an error within DS, but I am not sure about Load.