"file does not exist" error yet it does exist..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

james garner
Premium Member
Premium Member

"file does not exist" error yet it does exist..

Post by james garner »

Hi all,

I have a very simple parallel job thats pulling 18 records from SQL Server and putting them in a table on another server/database (IQ 12.7). This is something i've done 100's of times up to this point without any problems but for this job i'm getting an "ASA Error -1006133: File does not exist. File: /home/dsadm/db5_RemitPaid.dat " error.

I'm confused by this as the datastage generated .sql file that runs this to get the error is sitting in the same directory as the .dat file it can't find. I've verified the filename of the table is correct and no funky characters are being used. I've also moved the location of where these 2 files (.sql & .dat) are being stored but still get the same message.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Jim
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Possibilities:

The file being looked for has a permissions problem for the user id of the job looking for it. Check your permissions mask for the folder.

At the runtime point the job is looking for the file, it has not yet been created. I've noticed that DS's parallel processing doesn't always keep steps in the right order.
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Yeah! Possibly be a permission problem.
Arun
james garner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by james garner »

ok,
Last edited by james garner on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
james garner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by james garner »

ok, i had our Unix guy check the permissions and he says they are correct so just to rule it out i rebooted the server but am still getting the same error.

I'm also noticing that more of my existing jobs are starting to fail for the same reason.

huh...
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Might be the user ID datastage use is a different one? Check the ID which datastage uses while executing the job. I mean, not the datastage login ID. The Unix user which your DS ID uses inturn.
Arun
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Also, you can check in your job whether there is a space at the end of the file name.
Arun
james garner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by james garner »

ok this is resolved, turned out to not be a datastage issue. the dba's rebooted our iq server and forgot to path/mount the folder, so iq could not see the dat file the sql file was referencing.

thanks everyone for all your help in this.

Jim