improving the performance in transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mallikharjuna
Participant

improving the performance in transformer stage

Post by mallikharjuna »

Hi All,

My Source table is having 50 lacks records.i have applied few transformation rules in trasformer stage based on my requirements.my job is taking 40 minutes time to finish.

please let me know how to improve the performace in transformer stage.

Thanks in advance
MALLI
udayk_2007
Participant

Post by udayk_2007 »

What kind of calculations/processing are you doing in transformer stage ?
ETLJOB
Participant

Post by ETLJOB »

Are you sure, the bottle neck is in transformer? What are the other stages you have used in the job? Are the performance statistics of the other stages looking good? Post your analysis please!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look for any opportunity for doing less processing, for example evaluating functions once in stage variables rather than many times in column derivation expressions, evaluating constants once when initializing stage variables rather than once per row, and so on. Once we see what you're doing more suggestions may be forthcoming.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
natashab
Participant

Post by natashab »

Which stage are you using to extract the data?If it's Oracle OCI stage then the array size can be set to the maximun value(32767) to improve the performance of the job