C++ compiler installation after 8.1 IIS installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

C++ compiler installation after 8.1 IIS installation

Post by myukassign »

I recently installaed IBM IIS 8.1 in an AIX box (AIX 5.3). I have followed all the pre-requiste's but forgot only this c++ installtion.

The installation gone fine. All the processes were up and I could create the datastage jobs and everything is fine. But just one thing is not working that is Transformer stage.

It's giving me error saying some c++ files missing. And I verified with my installation on another server and yes, I relaized c++ is not properly done in this server.

May I know if I install the C++ compiler will my transformer stage will start working. Or do I need to install the whole IIS again after installing c++? Please advise.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

you need not install the IIS again. The C++ compiler can be istalled seperately in the unix box and the path is need the added in the DS Adminstrator.
Then your jobs having transformers will get compiled.

Regards
Sreeni
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Sreenivasulu wrote:you need not install the IIS again. The C++ compiler can be istalled seperately in the unix box and the path is need the added in the DS Adminstrator.
Then your jobs having transformers will get compiled.

Regards
Sreeni
Many thanks. I will check and update you.
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Its working fine.. :) m happy