getting error in DB2UDB enterpise stage while doing upsert

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kalpanam
Participant

getting error in DB2UDB enterpise stage while doing upsert

Post by kalpanam »

Hi

I am trying to update data from a Dataset to a DB2/UDB stage . It is having Internet_order_nbr(decimal(9,0) key column) and Orderkey(integer(10)) and doing upsert by giving Autogenerated mode as "upsert".After specifying the properties for the DB2 stage. It's giving an error "The schema does not contain the specific field ORDER_KEY;
this field is used as an insert, update, or delete key."

Can anybody help me on this.
Kalpana Marupudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The schema does not contain the field ORDER_KEY mentioned in your SQL. Perhaps you need to qualify the table name with the correct schema name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kalpanam
Participant

Post by kalpanam »

ray.wurlod wrote:The schema does not contain the field ORDER_KEY mentioned in your SQL. Perhaps you need to qualify the table name with the correct schema name. ...
Yes below my Insert and Update statements given:

INSERT INTO CDW.CS_ORDER_FACT (INTERNET_ORDER_NBR, ORDER_KEY) VALUES (ORCHESTRATE.INTERNET_ORDER_NBR, ORCHESTRATE.ORDER_KEY)

UPDATE CDW.CS_ORDER_FACT SET ORDER_KEY = ORCHESTRATE.ORDER_KEY WHERE (INTERNET_ORDER_NBR = ORCHESTRATE.INTERNET_ORDER_NBR)

Apart from this how can i give schema name?
Kalpana Marupudi
ETLJOB
Participant

Post by ETLJOB »

Did you try to Insert/Update data using any database access tool? If yes, was that successful?

Just to make sure you are not making any mistakes with schema/table/column names.
kalpanam
Participant

Post by kalpanam »

ETLJOB wrote:Did you try to Insert/Update data using any database access tool? If yes, was that successful?

Just to make sure you are not making any mistakes with schema/table/column names.
Yes I'm using IBM Data Studio2.2 to access,insert and updating table,it was successful in doing that operation with this tool..
Kalpana Marupudi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is your CS_ORDER_FACT Table in schema CDW your intended target?

Can you make a quick test job to read the CDW.CS_ORDER_FACT table from DataStage to see if that works?