How much big xml file a XML input stage can process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yogeshhd
Participant

How much big xml file a XML input stage can process

Post by yogeshhd »

I am using XML input stage in a parallel job. I wanted to know how big xml file the xml input stage can handle? if some one has info on how this stage uses memory that would be helpful for me. thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Do some searches..this subject has come up often.....you should be fine in the under 200Meg range...there may be some APT_ variables that you will need to set, but that depends more on your approach to reading the xml from disk or message queue.

If you hit such a limit, there are tools and techniques for breaking up xml. How big are your single documents?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
yogeshhd
Participant

Post by yogeshhd »

The files are of size 500 MB. I am passing xml file names with directory path to the xml input stage.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Chances are you will run into issues. I have done "some" documents of that size, but as noted earlier, it depends on the number and size of the elements, etc.

If you happen to be on Windows, check out a tool called XMLMax ....it has options for breaking apart xml into smaller pieces. I've seen other solutions too, and custom ones from our consulting teams.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So either you or whomever is building those XML files will need to break them up into smaller deliverables. The stage can process huge numbers of small files but not huge files.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers