Array Size Property of Oracle Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Array Size Property of Oracle Connector Stage

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Hi Experts,

I am using Oracle Connector Stage and I want to process all the records in a single array and then only I want to commit to write it.

But when I am getting below error message when I am entering 0 in the Array Size Property of Oracle Connector Stage Oracle Connector Stage.

Property Array size has value(0) which is too small. The minimum allowed value is (1)

This is very strange. As from the Datastage Documentation, 0 should be entered when we wants all the records to be in Array.
But while entering 0 it is throwing an error message.

Please give your comments on the same.

Thanks,
Ankur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You may be confusing Array Size with Transaction Size. The former does not allow a zero while the latter is the one that does. Can you quote the docs where you found it said zero was allowed?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vemisr
Participant

Post by vemisr »

use 2000
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

There is no definitive size to use, 2000 is default. However you may find the it is more effecient to use 1000 or 10000. This number is going to depend upon the size of the data you are sending/receiving, your network, and database. I typically parameterize array and commit size so that the value can be altered and experiemented with easily to find what is the right number. Test several different numbers and see what array and commit sizes work best for you.

I will say on small volume jobs I don't mess with this option often, its just not worth the time. :wink:
Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Actually In my Case I want the records should commit into the database only when all the records incoming are already processed. So I was trying with different option of varying Array Size and Record Count but it is not working..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's because you are (as noted) confusing Transaction Size with Array Size. The former controls commits, the latter simply is the number of records sent to the database at one time.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

I am trying setting APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL = 0 which commits the records only when the job is finished.

But this is also not working. Even the Job is aborted still the records are going into the destination table.

Director Log
pscSrcStmLuErrors.pscErrorHandling.boErrorHandling,0: Severity 1 error (DS_LUF_8) encountered (FATAL,DataStage,Datastage Lookup Reject Fatal). Aborting Job.

pscSrcStmLuErrors.pscErrorHandling.boErrorHandling,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

pscSrcStmLuErrors.pscErrorHandling.boErrorHandling,0: Input 0 consumed 1 records.

oraSAS_INS_CST_TXN,0: Number of rows inserted on the current node: 148.

main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Job jp0802020SASCustomerTransactions_wip_19thAugust aborted.

I want when the Job is aborted , nothing should be inserted into the Destination Table.

For Information , - pscSrcStmLuErrors.pscErrorHandling.boErrorHandling is called when some record get rejected, jobs are coded to call them.It issue Datastage FATAL , Severity 1 Error which actually aborts the job , but still records got inserted into the destination table.