Is there a way to log row count per link/stage level?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is there a way to log row count per link/stage level?

Post by Bostonian »

Hi,
If we enable the parameter APT_RECORD_COUNTS then in the director I see the row counts being written as Link Name, node. This means for a 4-nodes environment I will have to sum of DSLinkName,0-4 in order to get count of rows passed in the link.

Instead of that, is there a way to make the director show the total no. of rows in a link without splitting it up by nodes? Thanks.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Disable the 'show instances' option in monitor to see the 'total's.

Right click and remove the tick.
Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bostonian »

That is a good way but is not what I am looking for. This approach only holds good when you use the performance monitor which in turn gives you the count for the latest run.

I am looking for something similar but in the director by which I can see the total counts of the historical runs as well but from director.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

You need to write routine for your own.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Performance statistics are not preserved in any location that the Director can access. You can probably access historical performance data in Metadata Workbench (and possibly through the Reporting Console).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.