Run job based on Param value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kpsita
Participant

Run job based on Param value

Post by kpsita »

Hi,

I have two datastage jobs and have to trigger either one of the job based on one of my input paramater. How can I handle this in datastage. i am not using Sequencer job.

Thanks,
KPSITA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Use Sequencer job... or is that the part you need help with?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kpsita
Participant

Post by kpsita »

No, they don't want to use sequencer. Is there a way to control this within datastage job.

Thanks
KPSITA
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

What do you mean by "they" ?

How are your jobs arranged, sequenced and scheduled at present ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please be clear in your requirements. You have two jobs and need to run one or the other based on a parameter? Or run the second using a parameter from the first? Or ????
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where is the parameter value set? If it comes from the command line you could create a script that makes the decision. Functionally, of course, this would be identical to the equivalent Sequence.

Why won't "they" allow a Sequence? It's the logical solution.

Resist stupid requirements!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
grimm336
Participant

Post by grimm336 »

This would be much easier wit sequencer. If you don't want to use seq then tell us how u r getting the parameters.....

Other wise you can have a wraper script and give the parameters decideing on the parameters let it call the required job.
grimm
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

grimm336 wrote:This would be much easier wit sequencer. If you don't want to use seq then tell us how u r getting the parameters.....
DSXchange is not a mobile telephone. It is unnecessary, and unprofessional, to use SMS-style abbreviations here. A professional standard of written English aids those whose first language is not English.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", the present tense of the verb "to be" is spelled "are".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.