to change commit level

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

to change commit level

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

hi..,

I am new to datastage... please help me in this issue..

I am using ODBC enterprise stage in job. job is very simple, direct mapping from source to target...

Source is having 10,000 rows, if the job gets aborted after 5950 rows. the rows are getting committed in the target.

my need is

it should not commit in the target, so if i run the job again it should start from first row.

or

if i run the job again it should start from 5951 th row.

is there any option to set in ODBC stage or any other stage will help my need full...
Kannan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll have to build into the job any mechanism to pick up where you left off, something not all that trivial. It involves keeping track of your last commit point and then leveraging that after a restart to skip all of the committed rows, typically by a transformer constraint that only lets rows past after the last commit point has been reached. And doing this in a multi-node PX job complicates things.

As for the commit level, what is your target database? What write method are you using? Can you switch to the ODBC Connector stage? It supports the concept of Transaction sizes, from what I recall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

DB2 database and write mode is insert..

i can switch to ODBC connector stage... that is not a problem....main concern is the record level commit... is there any option in ODBC connector stage...?
Kannan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It should, yes, hence the recommendation. Transaction Size = Commit Level.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers