Unable to view the Log file.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

ArndW wrote:Then you have reached an impasse. Either reduce the number and size of messages or, better yet, don't log them in the job log but elsewhere. This heavy I/O to the log file is most certainly slowing your job down as well.
once I amended the routine not to write any log to the Sequencer. i got the error like 'Failed to connect RT_LOG43'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you post the whole error message? Also, did you clear the log file (i.e. ensure that it was not broken prior to the job run)?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Why not run with a small volume ? Something like 10 records.

That way you can diagnose the problem easier.

Are you having errors in the load ? Is there any metadata mismatch ? Or is it your routine that is logging so many rows ?
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Why not run with a small volume ? Something like 10 records.

Are you having errors in the load ? Is there any metadata mismatch ? Or is it your routine that is logging so many rows ?

Other than 'Failed to connect to RT_LOG43'. I am not able to see any error messages. I planned to try with minimum records but now the sequencer itself not shown in the director, if i tried to import newly it shows the same error.
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

prasanna_anbu wrote:
Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Why not run with a small volume ? Something like 10 records.

Other than 'Failed to connect to RT_LOG43'. I am not able to see any error messages. I planned to try with minimum records but now the sequencer itself not shown in the director, if i tried to import newly it shows the same error.
I re-imported the jobs with keep the copy, now I am able to see the logs.
I dont get the clear picture of the previous error. Thanks for everyone.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Somehow in all those shenanigans you corrupted or removed part (or all) of the log's dynamic hashed file. The reimport recreated that for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers