Population of DS_ROUTINES

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BritDeveloper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Population of DS_ROUTINES

Post by BritDeveloper »

Does anyone know how/if the DS_ROUTINES file is populated and maintained in Enterprise edition (V8)?

I am searching for a routine using the following code but it seems to be returning null. The routine can be edited, tested etc as normal from the repository viewer but I can't find it in the DS_ROUTINES file when this is interrogated from Administrator.

Trans("DS_ROUTINES",MacroRoutine,0,"X") -- MacroRoutine contains the routine name'

Regards
Claire
Claire
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If it is a BASIC routine then it will be referred to in the DS_ROUTINES at any version of DataStage. Try a "LIST DS_ROUTINES" to see what the contents are.
BritDeveloper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BritDeveloper »

THanks for your input. We believe that the hash file is populated on compilation of the individual routine but despite using multi job complier they didnt seem to be appear in there.

TBH its started working again but we're not sure why ... would be nice to find a root cause but I think we wont get that until we move from our DEV environment to TEST .... Something to look forward to!
Claire