Removing the warning. "will partition despite the prese

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

igorbmartins
Participant

Post by igorbmartins »

I already did this.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

igorbmartins wrote:I already did this.
Do it for all the upstream stages to the Lookup stage.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

In the Transformer stage.
What is the partition that you have specified in the lookup stage and other stages? Or is it all just Auto partition.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

I don't understand why the flag has to be cleared on all inputs. Seems to me any inputs with a partitioning strategy of SAME should not lead to the warning, but they do.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Providing SAME partition would never creates this warning. But when you dont want the same partition as the previous stage?
When you end up in re-partitioning?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

kumar_s wrote:Providing SAME partition would never creates this warning. But when you dont want the same partition as the previous stage?
When you end up in re-partitioning?
What I find is that if any input requires a repartition, then all of the inputs must have the flag cleared, even if they are set to SAME, otherwise the warning will happen.

I would prefer to set this flag and use SAME on all the stream links so that I am always certain of the stream partitioning. I find though that repartitioning a reference link on a lookup forces me to clear the flag on the stream as well. It's annoying and undermines the value of the flag.