Data truncation issue-Sybase Database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu536
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data truncation issue-Sybase Database

Post by balu536 »

Hi,
As part of building my job, I need to extract data from Sybase and load it to Oracle. I'm using DRS stage to extract data from Sybase. One of the source column is of LongVarChar data type with size 214748364. With this i'm facing error as
" Error occurred during link open processing.
DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100."

When i reduced the size to 4000 in DRS stage, the job ran fine with data truncated.

Please help me how to extract the complete data in that field (214748364) and load it to oracle stage without any truncation.

Regards,
Balakrishna
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you aware that the DRS stage documentation, on pages 29 and 30, do not contain LONGVARCHAR as a valid Sybase data type? You will have to redefine this as a CLOB.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What are the native data types on each end? Note that neither TEXT nor CLOB fields are officially supported...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
balu536
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by balu536 »

I've followed the below approach.

I already created the target table with the specific column data type as 'LONG'. Now in DRS stage i'm reading it as LongVarChar 214748364. I just ran the job and will update once when it is done.

Regards,
Balakrishna
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

LONG? :shock: Unless your Oracle version is very old and you have no other choice, steer well clear of them. Use a CLOB instead.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
balu536
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by balu536 »

My Bad......:(
The approach i followed didn't worked.

ArndW,
My job is like extracting data from Sybase using DRS stage and directly loading to Oracle using Oracle Enterprise Stage. Except for these two, no other stages are used.

You told to redefine the datatype as CLOB.But when i did so, it gave me invalid datatype error.

Regards,
Balakrishna