DataStage Administrator hangs when creating new project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

egsalayon
Participant

DataStage Administrator hangs when creating new project

Post by egsalayon »

Administrator hangs when creating project. When we tried checking if the project was created, in the Projects directory (/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects) a folder with the project name (IAC) was created, also files and directories under it were created. Dunno if the required files and directories are complete since the process of creating the project was not finish.

But on Administrator, it does not exist (name of the project is IAC).

Hope you can help me with this...
Thanks.

Eric
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The name and location of the project is recorded in at least three places; in UV.ACCOUNT, in UV_SCHEMAS and in the projects table in the combined metadata repository. It is far more important to identify any errors that occurred during the processing of the create project request. Check the logs of the WebSphere Application Server and of the ASBServer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I had as well encountered this. This is because there might be locks present between datastage and xmeta db. Remove the locks and try again

Regards
Sreeni